Friday, November 03, 2006

Timothy Charles Lovett, An Introduction



I bet you're wondering several things right yet. Namely, who is this charming individual who is about to bring you through a blogging adventure of sorts. Well, I suppose it's my job to lay down exactly that.

To put it simply the name is Tim Lovett, but, I reckon, if you comment you can call me whatever you want (preferably be nice). I'm from Longmeadow, MA which is part of "Western MA." It's the birthplace of Staind, that new host from TRL, and Bridget Moynahan (my babysitter at one point)... and, of course, Tim Lovett.

I currently attend Bentley College and will be graduating in the Spring of next year (2007). Bentley is a great school with many opportunities in the business world (/end plug). I'm a Computer Information Systems (CIS) major myself. It's an awesome major because it gives you an understanding of the different technological aspects you may encounter in the corporate world.

I guess I became a CIS major simply because I'm addicted to computers. I mean if you look back on it all I guess you can blame the AOL Pay-Per-Hour days from back yonder. Let's just say I was "a/s/l"ing and meeting online friends quite a bit as a kid. It became a problem when my mother came into my room, opened my drawer with my life savings at the time ($200), and quickly removed it all explaining to me that the bill for that month was somewhere above $200 and that I would be on computer probation for awhile. I reckon, I cried for a little bit when that happened because I had every intention of buying a night vision monoscope with that money when I had $300 (no worries, I eventually bought it).

Ever since then I've been happily addicted to the internet. Although I don't do it all the time, mind you, I'd go insane. I like playing bocce in the rain, going out in Boston, hiking, whitewater rafting, snowboarding, and any other non-stereotypical CIS major activities (come on you CIS majors know what I mean, a good portion of people seem to think we live on the internet).

I guess this gets me to why I applied for this position. The reason why I applied is that I really want to build my own user-content driven website and, I reckon, by meeting the lot of them over at Digg.com and getting a chance to understand how their business functions from an internal point of view and what drove them into doing this sort of work I can better my own abilities. Oh, and my website, when I get around to launching it, will be groundbreaking!

I mean, let me be honest, I only have this year left until I enter the corporate world and I'd like an opportunity to get something on the side going before then. I have every intention of working at a company as soon as I graduate, I just want something to keep me busy when I'm off of work and get me excited about on a daily basis.

As for this blog though, I have some great ideas of how I will rope you in. Namely, I'll be talking about the different steps towards developing an e-commerce website and the different aspects that must be put into consideration before you release the site to the web. I've started an online company before (which failed miserably haha) so I have a generally good idea about how to do such (it was my idea not inabilities or so I say). I'm also a relatively good programmer in regards to developing database management systems (DBMS) and in regards to developing secure code so it should be fun.

Don't worry I won't bore the lot of y'all down with code talk. The blog will be more from a business aspect of it all rather than a technological one.

Anyhow, that's the gist of who I am and what I'm here to say.

If you want any more information, I'll gladly provide it, just leave a comment.

-Tim

8 Comments:

At 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i remember those days where you spent a great deal of time on the computer...

word on the street has it that you are now jumping out of planes...

you're crazy, and deserve a computer thingy that you want so much...

-K.C. : )

 
At 8:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good to know

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger Timo said...

Yeah K.C. skydiving was awesome. Check out my roommate's photos he paid the extra $100 for that. When I jump next semester I think I'll get a DVD myself.

-Tim

 
At 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blogs Tim. I especially liked the part about picking a programmer. My brother and I just started a webpage and we're running into a ton of problems already. Not to mention I got this program due Tuesday for our .NET class. Hmmmm, I wonder if i can hire a programmer to do that for me...

R.A.

 
At 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

go tim go.... all of 380 including fryde is wondering where you are. He wants us to support your blog, so this is sebastian showing his suppport!

 
At 6:34 AM, Anonymous Joemarie H. said...

good luck time I wish you the best of luck!

 
At 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

 
At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good evening people. I'm honestly into shoes and I was searching as far as something that particular brand. The prices seeking the sneakers were approximately 300 pounds everwhere. But for all I set this area selling them as a remedy for half price. I exceptionally want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order those. what can you say about it?

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home